Friday, June 27, 2008

Belated Mirror Squeezer Results

I did one "live" run of data collection from the parabolic mirror squeezer, but after I did it I realized there was a major problem. The pipe was much longer than the mirror width, so it overhung. Too late, I realized that this meant there was unheated oil in there, making the temperature measurement invalid. And I don't even know what direction the error was worse in, since the overhang could also act as cooling fins. Anyway, here's the graph of the results:

It looks very similar to the original run in a hotbox:

One major difference: Check the x-axis. The parabola run is at least 4x steeper.

Anyway, if I get some sun this weekend I should be able to re-run with more accurate results.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment