Sunday, January 25, 2009

I ♥ My Moleskine

I asked for a "squared" Moleskine for Xmas because I'd heard such good things about them. ("Square" means graph paper and "large" means "not pocket sized"--it's only about 8"x5".) I can confirm that it is awesome. I'm not even sure why it's so awesome. It's definitely well made--nice binding, good quality paper, pocket in the back, elastic strap and bookmark. And it's not just that I'm having fun using it, because I was using a regular spiral notebook before and it wasn't this awesome.

I found the perfect pencil case. It's actually a case for a removable car stereo, but I don't have that car, let alone the stereo, anymore (if I ever did).

Inside are the pencils I mentioned once. Notice that I've got them tagged with tape so I can tell what lead type is in each. Also, extra lead and a kneaded eraser.

And now a couple pics of the Genius At Work. The page sizes seem to be almost exactly how much room I need to explain an idea and draw an illustration of it.

The only thing that could make this better would be if it were exactly the same as it is now, only it also uploaded an electronic version automatically. In vector format. Also, it would be made of ponies.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I'm extremely impressed by your renderings. My schematics are a nightmare.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Say, maybe that's why I love the notebook so much! It makes my scribblings look good. It's a documented FAKT that graph paper makes any technical drawing 10-12 times better.

    (Also, in all seriousness, shading. You wouldn't believe how much even very superficial shading adds. I'm not sure how you'd shade hilariously oversized underpants and an offensively ethnic hat, though.)

    ReplyDelete