Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Boring Diet Update

I'll have something much more exciting in a few days, I think. Well, exciting to a NERD. It involves motors and integers and wires.

A month ago, I mentioned my upcoming dietversary. Today is the last day of Year One. My Official Tally of Weight Lost is 38 lbs. That's an average of 2/3-3/4 of a lb per week.

I was half-heartedly shooting for 40 during the last few weeks, knowing I wouldn't make it. But I came pretty close and in the final weeks I doubled my average rate. Also, the Official Tally is based on a moving average, so my last actual weigh-ins have been at or close to exactly 40 lbs. All in all, not at all disappointing.

My original goal was 60 lbs, with a caveat that I may want to go 10 beyond that when I get there (I'm not sure I believe the BMI chart). So I've still got 6 to 9 months ahead of me at this rate. Perhaps by Christmas? Then again, I'm actually chowing on Easter candy as I type this...

2 comments:

  1. HOORAY!

    I hope you've taken your wrist circumference into account with this goal weight business. Heh.

    Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stalker.

    Also, BMI only uses height and maybe age anyway. No frame size.

    ReplyDelete